Full-Time Sales Associate - PDX
Creative, outgoing and design-obsessed, our Retail Sales Associates are the face of the Schoolhouse brand, laying the groundwork for an incredible customer experience from start to finish. Talents include visual merchandising and inventory management, plus a dialed-in décor aesthetic that exudes confidence with the people skills to match. Sales experience, kindness and positivity a must.
Full-time Sales Associates who work 32+ hours a week are eligible for benefits after 60 days and paid time off after 90 days.
The essential responsibilities include:
- Maintain a customer facing presence that is positive, helpful, and inviting
- Develop and continue to build knowledge of all our products, policies, and services
- Be a problem-solver, seeking opportunities to help everyone who enters Schoolhouse
- Understand and embody the Schoolhouse brand in your appearance and service
- Accurately process sales, change orders, exchanges, or returns
- Efficiently use Microsoft Office programs, website, and payment authorization systems
- Optimistically perform all duties as assigned
- Learn and execute the daily required tasks
- Keep displays fresh, clean, and well-stocked
- Learn and execute the Schoolhouse brand of Visual Merchandising
- Regularly refresh the store floor
- Receive and put away stock replenishment deliveries
- Quickly report any inventory or other supply needs
- Participate in regular one-on-one meetings, staff trainings and inventory counts as scheduled
- Light maintenance and other duties & activities as assigned. This job description is not to be considered all-inclusive
As a qualified candidate you will:
- Be positive, empathetic, honorable, and self-aware
- Be dependable, on-time, and able to work within agreed scheduling needs for the store
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Possess 2+ years working in a retail or hospitality environment.
- Be available to work with business operating hours (weekends included)
- Be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to move easily and safely up and down ladders
- Be able to be on your feet 8+ hours per day
- Knowledge of SAP a plus!
Please only apply to this position if you are available to work Saturday through Wednesday. Weekends are required and non-negotiable!
To apply for this position please submit a resume along with a cover letter highlighting why you're the best person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply in person and please no phone calls.