Accounts Payable Specialist - PDX
At Schoolhouse Electric and Supply Co. (SECO) we’re designers, makers, and creative thinkers, and since 2003 we have handcrafted custom lighting and lifestyle products that transcend time and trend. Just as important as the products we make are the people we work with. They are at the heart of everything we do. We’re always looking for hard working, innovative people to join the Schoolhouse team.
To create and maintain Schoolhouse Electric’s reputation as a financially responsible customer. To insure timely, useful management information.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Matches purchase orders, receiving copies and invoices.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation, resolves any discrepancies and obtains approval prior to payment.
- Codes invoice for payment. Enters invoice information into computer system. Runs edit list and verifies amounts and account numbers. Enters information on reconciliation and runs journal. Files invoices.
- Process check requests.
- Audits and processes credit card bills.
- Matches invoices to checks, obtains all signatures for checks and distributes checks accordingly.
- Maintains 1099s
- Responds to vendor inquires accurately and within a timely basis.
- Reconciles vendor statements. Researches and corrects discrepancies.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail
- Resolves all documentation discrepancies by checking old purchase orders to answer questions, etc.
- Assists with month end closing.
- Cross trains and backs-up other Accounting functions as assigned.
- Completes all special projects to specification.
- Support AR functions when needed
- Teamwork – Be trustworthy, treat others with respect, help others learn, ask for help and don’t toss blame – we are all in this together.
- Communication – Be timely in relaying information or getting answers
- Change – Be nimble, never cynical. Embrace constant change.
- Judgement – Make sure to include the right people in the right conversations. Know the system before changing the system.
- Time Management – Be at work when you are at work. Use your time wisely and efficiently
- Skills – Always look for ways to grow and improve. Share your knowledge freely and empower others.
- Innovation – Continually review systems suggesting ways and tools to improve.
- Self-Review – Be 1% better every day.
- Excellent math skills including ability to perform computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch.
- Previous ERP experience a plus, SAP experience preferred.
- Able to input 60-65 WPM
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to organize and manage own work.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self- starter
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum one year previous accounting work experience.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
Standard office environment with frequent computer usage.
To apply for this position please submit a resume along with a cover letter highlighting why you're the best person for the job to email@example.com.
Please do not apply in person, and please no phone calls.